You know that feeling when you get home from a vacation, and you know you should get back to real life and do all of your normal cooking, cleaning, and work…but you feel so oddly detached from it all after a few days away that it just seems impossible?
Yeah. That’s where I’m at today.
This week we escaped to a beautiful Air B&B outside of Austin that sits on over 100 acres. It has a pool and a hot tub and more than enough room for the kids to run around and blow off some steam. It was so good for all of our souls, and we’re not really ready to be back to normal life yet!
Here in Texas, things are looking incredibly bleak with the pandemic, so we’re going to spend our holiday weekend (and, you know, all the days after it) hunkered down and not leaving the house. It’s looking more and more like Jackson will still be doing virtual learning once the fall semester rolls around, so I’m slowly starting to wrap my brain around what that might look like and how I can continue to get my job done while also educating him (oh, and wrangling Grant, who finds new and interesting ways to get into trouble on the daily).
It will come as no surprise to you that we’re already dreaming of our next mini family getaway – because what else are we going to do?!
ICYMI: This week on the blog
- I shared the quick and easy DIY vertical herb garden I put together last week.
- A little over a month ago I made over this boring bookcase that used to live in our game room – and I finally shared the tutorial!
- From the archives: Here’s a really fun (and creative!) outdoor decor idea.
Elsewhere on the internet…
- My friend Yuni just revealed her dining room makeover and I can’t stop swooning. The vase on that table? I HAVE to have one.
- This seven-year-old’s bedroom is absolutely stunning and I’m officially jealous.
- The before and afters on this kitchen are pretty unbelievable, and that cabinet color is perfection.
- I’ve been on the hunt for a good planter for the pothos on my living room shelves. I had a hard time finding one that I loved but this one might be a winner!
- I love this idea for making board games feel a liiiiiittle less competitive. We could probably use this tip in our house…
Have a great weekend!